Killer tips for a better beard trim
Let’s face it, 2020 hasn’t been the year we were expecting. We’ve spent far more time at home, away from social gatherings and physical meet-ups, and, for some, that’s resulted in an understandably relaxed stance on our appearances.
Grooming is a good example. We’ve had our fun trying out new looks and experimenting with our facial hair without the daily scrutiny of colleagues and friends. Some of those lockdown looks are great and some of them, ahem, less so.
But believe me, as a barber with years of experience helping men look and feel the best they can, I can tell you that the benefits of a good shave go far beyond the purely aesthetic. With just a few small steps, an unkempt beard can be treated to help you look sharp, feel fresh and help your face stay clean. I’m here to give you some tips and tricks that will help you up your face game and feel all the better for it.
First thing’s first, let’s talk about tools. When it comes to beard trimming, I’ve been using the super versatile King C. Gillette Beard Trimmer. It’s easy to use, comfortable to hold, and can even double up as a scalp hair trimmer. The King C. Gillette range is built on over 115 years of Gillette shaving expertise and heritage, so you know you can really rely on these products. It truly is a one-stop-shop for the home grooming needs of any man.
So grab your trimmer and let’s get that lockdown stubble into shape with these simple steps.
– Clean your beard and make sure it’s dry before you begin. This will make your hair hydrated and easier to cut
– Brush out your beard to detangle any knots and set your beard up for optimal grooming
– Use the King C. Gillette Beard Trimmer to get an even trim. Choose from three combs and 11 different length settings for all your beard trimming needs. For the best trimming, pull your skin taught and trim in a sweeping motion away from your face
– Remember, there’s no undo button for bad trimming, so start with a longer guide comb to control length and work your way down from there. For the best styling, trim your beard shorter on your neck and cheeks, and keep hair longer on your chin to create a fade effect.
– Once you’ve finished trimming, follow up with scissors to tidy up any stragglers if necessary
– When you’re happy with the shape and feel of your beard, rub in a couple drops of the King C. Gillette Beard Oil to moisturise, soften and add shine to your trim
And there you have it; an easy way to up your face game and feel great!
Check out the King C. Gillette Beard Trimmer here.
When @ryanthomas84 and @adamthomas21 told us they needed some help to freshen up their facial hair, we knew we could help. In episode 1 of #UpYourFaceGame, our Gillette Master Barber @stefan_avanzato took them through how to trim their lockdown stubble using the @kingcgillette_uk Beard Trimmer. Looking good, boys!